PHILADELPHIA CANOE CLUB TRAINING:
Philadelphia Canoe Club offers training in many forms of paddling: Recreational canoeing and kayaking, Flat and moving water, Whitewater kayaking and canoeing, rolling, strokes for novice and intermediate paddlers, the PCC has ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instruction available in all of these areas year round. Check out our class schedules for the training that fits what you want to learn, and get out on the water! After successful completion of your class, you are welcome to paddle with PCC on level appropriate river trips and practice sessions. Come paddle with us.
- Whitewater Kayak training.
- Whitewater Canoe training.
- Flat water / Recreational kayak / canoe training.
- Stand Up paddle board training.
Cancellation policy : Students may cancel 5 days before class for 80% refund, No refunds for no-shows.
- Paddling is a wet sport (shocking!) Prepare appropriately- consider the weather and water temperature.
- Do not wear cotton, it absorbs water quickly, gets heavy and will chill you.
- warm weather clothing may be a swimsuit, synthetic quick drying shorts and shirt. Athletic attire works in most cases.
- Water shoes or old sneakers for your feet, no sandals or flip-flops, protect your feet and especially your toes.
- Bring plenty of drinking water and snacks for energy, lunch for longer days.
- Canoe students: kneeling pad or wearable knee pads will make your day more comfortable.
- Bring a towel and change of dry clothes for the end of the day!! If you are not sure what to wear or bring, contact your instructor.
- Classes are generally held rain or shine. The instructor will notify students if there is a change or cancellation.
- Minors must be 12 years old or older to enroll in a class. A parent or guardian must register as a student to accompany minors in all classes.
American Canoe Association (ACA)
Philadelphia Canoe Club is a member of the American Canoe Association (ACA). Our instructors are trained by the ACA and the ACA insures our classes at a cost of $10 per student per event. This fee is waived for ACA members. To become an ACA member contact them at: https://americancanoe.org.
For further information, please contact our Training Director
PLEASE NOTE: Classes are added to our website through the year based on our instructor's availability. The last several years have shown us that classes do fill up fast once they are added. If a class is full - contact our Training Director to be added to a wait list. Additional classes can be added as the wait list grows.
Edit: TZ - 4.30.23