Join us for a Thursday evening paddle at the Philadelphia Canoe Club with an optional potluck dinner afterwards on the outdoor porch. These paddles are a great opportunity to practice your skills and meet other paddlers.
Dates are: June 14 and 28; July 12 and 26; August 9 and 23. Time: 4:30 PM to 7:15 PM
- This is a recreational flatwater paddle of 1½ - 2 hours on the Schuylkill River, launching from and returning to the Philadelphia Canoe Club.
- You must have taken a training class with PCC and be able to swim in water over your head.
- You must be able to carry your boat with the help of another paddler and help another paddler carry theirs.
- Adults 18 and older only.
- Club membership is not required. Fee is $15 (includes ACA insurance plus rental of PCC boat, paddle, and personal flotation device).
- Club members with their own boats are welcome to join. No fee if you are an ACA member; $5.00 for one-time ACA membership if you're not.
How to Sign up: Email Debbie Carr firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 215.242.0734. Each event is limited to the first 5 people needing boats who sign up.
What to Bring: Water, hat (it’s sunny even at 5pm!) and footwear and clothing that can get wet.
Potluck: Afterwards, you are welcome to stay for potluck on the porch. However, you are expected to bring a dish to share (main dish, side dish, salad, or dessert, plus something to drink).
Cancellation: If you need to cancel, please do so as soon as possible so that someone else can paddle in your spot. If PCC must cancel due to weather etc, you will receive an email. Thanks! See you on the water.