You do not need to be a member to participate in PCC's activities!
First, we ask people to get to know the Club, its activities and its members before submitting an application for membership. Paddling with us is the most important factor when we consider approval of membership applications. There are other activities we encourage applicants to pursue while on the path to membership. They are:
The Membership Process
Through your participation in a variety of PCC activities, you will get to know us and we will get to know you. Becoming a Member involves the following process.
1. Complete the PCC application form.
a. Ask three Members to sign your application form. One Member will be your Proposer and two Members will be your Endorsers.
b. The application form asks you to list all activities in which you have participated. The more activities in which you participate, the easier it will be to approve your application.
2. Give your completed application to our Membership Chair along with an Application Fee of $ 25.
3. Your application will then be reviewed by the Board of Directors. If approved by them, you will be introduced to the Membership at the next General Meeting.
4. After three to six months, you will be asked to complete a summary of activities you have done with the club during your cadidacy time. Your application will then go before the Board of Directors again and your proposer or endorser will present your application for approval.
5. If it is again approved, you will be presented to the Membership at the next General Meeting. At this meeting, the attending Members will be asked to vote you into Membership.
6. If you are voted into Membership, you will be required to pay your prorated dues. If all steps are completed, you will receive a key to the Clubhouse and a Membership Directory.
Dues: $140.00 per year (pro-rated based on date of election).
Membership dues do not fully defray the costs of running the Club or maintaining the Building and Grounds. Becoming and remaining a Member requires an active contribution to PCC. This includes, but is not limited to:
Benefits of Membership: